Gushing about South Africa Tourism
South African Tourism held its Ubuntu Dinner and Awards Ceremony at the Museum of Natural History in New York on April 13. Mark Nolting was in attendance and met up with the various guests of honor, including Wendy Perrin, who was the MC of the evening, and who he has known for many years when she was with Conde Nast and now has her own www.wendyperrin.com travel site.
The Ubuntu Awards recognize the top contributors to the tourism industry in South Africa. In attendance was Derek Hanekom, South Africa’s new minister of tourism, Mninwa Mahlangu, Ambassador of South Africa to the United States and Thulani Nzima, CEO of South African Tourism. Trevor Noah, the South African comedian, designated to follow Jon Stewart as host of the Daily Show, gave a short, funny talk to the audience.
What Mark gushes about in South Africa:
– The market places where you can meet the local people: like Hout Bay in Cape Town and Rosebank Roof in Johannesburg
– A Hot Spot for dining in Cape Town – The Flagship restaurant in Simonstown
– My go to walking safari destination – Tanda Tula Safari and Field Camp in Timbavati private reserve
– A Hot spot for lunch in the winelands – a picnic in the Boschendal Estate gardens and vines from the Werf restaurant
– My favorite upscale safari experience – Singita Boulders set along the banks of the Sand River
– My NEW family safari experience – Thanda Safari Lodge in the heart of Zululand and close to the 9 mile beach in southern Mozambique