Our Pick of 30 Favorite Camps! – Page 7
Every year we look forward to the latest “Top 100 Hotels” list in Conde Nast and Travel+Leisure to see if our favorite exclusive camps and lodges have been discovered by other travelers. We still have found a few hidden gems for our clients! Below are recommendations to explore in 2014.
– Photographic hides at waterholes can be booked exclusively
– Returning guests love the low key, safari feel to the NEW tents
*Request the 12-Day Wildlife Safari of Southern Africa (Mashatu+Kruger)
– Epic game viewing in Jan-May during low season rates
– Luxury in the bush!
– Excellent land/water experience
*Request the 11-Day Premier Wing Safari to Botswana
– Exclusive safari camp – four luxury tents!
– Combine a night or two with Selinda Explorers Camp
– Dine with the Nat Geo photographers Dereck and Beverly Joubert
*Request the 12-Day Great Plains Adventure
– You have a private guide and vehicle – the ultimate experience!
– Intimate campsites located in the Khwai and Moremi Reserves
– The luxury mobile tents are spacious and comfortable
*Request the 07-Day Botswana Call of the Wild Photographic Safari
– The place to stay in the Dunes of the Namib-Naukluft
– Star gaze under the spectacular desert sky from your roof-top beds
– Hot-air balloon ride over the orange dunescapes of Sossusvlei
*Request the 10-Day Namibia Spectacular Safari
– New camp opened August 2014
– Classic level camp located next to wildlife rich Hoanib River
– Diverse activities such as walks, game drives and coastal visits
*Request the 12 Day Wings Over Namibia
– Historical landmark overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
– Best location on Kloof Street, Bantry Bay and Clifton Beach
– Indulgence in food, art and fine wine!
*Request the 15-Day Diamond Skies Safari
– Our pick for an entry-level Big 5, Kruger experience
– Located in the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve
– Not ultra luxurious; just great pricing with heart and soul!
*Request the 12-Day Best of Southern Africa Safari
– Exclusive property on MalaMala Game Reserve
– Just 7 suites – making it ideal for private groups or families
– Dine al fresco in the boma
*Request the 11-Day South African Safari and Cape Highlights
– A seasonal bush camp in our favorite area of South Luangwa
– Leopard sightings galore – a photographer’s delight
– Book John Coppinger or Bryan Jackson to privately guide
*Request the 12-Day Leopard of the Valley Photographic Safari
– A hidden gem!
– The “diamond in the rough” to her sister camp, Chiawa!
– The adventure traveler will love the boating and walking activities
*Request the 11-Day Classic Safari to Zambia
– Located between Berenty and Fort Dauphin on the southeast coast
– Boutique resort with only 6 thatched chalets
– Activities include swimming in cove and guided walks to spot lemurs
*Request the 08-Day Madagascar Wildlife Safari
– Highlights are both interaction with the elephants and Sylvester!
– Enjoy the serenity away from the bustle of town
– Stunning tents, simple elegance and quality service
*Request the 14-Day Botswana and Zimbabwe Classic Safari
– AAC Exclusive – New Classic camp opening 2015
– Located in a remote corner of Hwange with permanent waterholes
– Epic game viewing, observing huge herds of elephants
*Request the 12-Day Legends Safarior the 15-Day World Heritage Safari
Singita Pamushana, Malilangwe, Zimbabwe
– This private reserve is larger than the Sabi Sands and has just 1 lodge
– A best kept secret, so go now while the rates are attractive.
– Has the Big 5 including white and black rhino, cheetah and wild dog
*Request the 12-Day Hidden Gems to Zimbabwe Safari
– Vundu makes the list again; great value and great guiding!
– A quality adventure experience that is a highlight for many
– Family-run by Nick and Desiree Murray for the 10th year
*Request the 15-Day Eyes on Elephant Safari
– Semi-permanent Seasonal mobile bush camp with just 4 tents
– Located within Mara Reserve with access to the Mara North Conservancy
– Opportunity to see the Big Five!
*Request the 12-Day Classic Safari to Kenya
– “Out of Africa” setting – endless vistas across to Mt. Kilimanjaro
– A pioneer lodge in conservation and community partnerships
– A trend-setter in stylish accommodations
*Request the 10-Day Great Plains Exclusive Locations Safari
– Best location for first migration arrival into Mara (July to October)
– Sala’s continues to receive rave reviews
– Sister properties are not too shabby; Giraffe Manor, Sasaab and Solio!
*Request the 12-Day Adventure Flying Luxury Safari
Solio Lodge, Mt. Kenya, Kenya
– Nestled in the valley between Mt. Kenya and Aberdare Mountains
– The Solio Conservancy has a vast array of wildlife
– Stunning accommodations looking across at Rhinos in the mist
*Request the 1 2-Day Adventure Luxury Flying Safari
– Asilia’s new camp located in the eastern Serengeti
– Highest concentration of cheetah in East Africa
– Exclusive game concession with few other tourists
*Request the 14-Day Plains and Wilderness of Tanzania
– Olakira has seasonal locations following the migration
– Olakira Ndutu (Dec-Mar), walking allowed in southern plains
– Olakira Mara (Jun-Nov), Mara River crossings
*Request the 12-Day Private Luxury Safari to Tanzania
– This seasonal mobile camp is good value for a first time, tented stay
– Our Tanzania guides almost exclusively host AAC clients here
– Frequent lion, cheetah and leopard sightings
*Request the 14-Day Family Wildlife and Wilderness Safaris
– A great addition to their portfolio of Grumeti Reserves lodging
– Located in the beautiful Lemai Wedge; walking allowed
– Perfect for migration crossings, putting you near the action (Jul-Nov)
*Request the 16-Day Exclusive Safari to Tanzania
– 5-start luxury lodge on the crater rim
– Each suite has a dedicated butler
– Walking safaris along the crater rim available to guests
*Request the 12-Day Exclusive Safari to Tanzania
– A private conservancy in corridor between Tarangire & Manyara
– Activities include game walks, day and night game drives
– Participate in research activities
*Request the 14-Day Best of Tanzania with Great Guides Safari
– A camp with authentic charm: begin here on arrival in Tanzania
– Walking and night game drives allowed. Thomas is a perfect host!
– Visit local Maasai villages in close partnership with the camp
*Request the 12-Day Under Tanzanian Skies Group or Private Safari
– Offers walking inside the park, night game drives too
– Little Oliver’s brings an intimate camp to the Asilia portfolio
– A “must stay” for the first safari to Tanzania
*Request the 12-Private Luxury Safari to Tanzania
Gorilla Forest Camp in Bwindi Forest, Uganda
Jack Hanna’s at Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
– Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to gorilla trek in both countries!
*Request the 14-Day Primate and Plains Safari to Uganda and Rwanda