Safari Collection #3 – Botswana with Brooks
Overview of Safari
- One of AAC’s top priorities is ensuring our clients have a high-quality guide on their safari. If you’re considering a trip to Botswana, there’s no better choice than Brooks Kamanakao!
- As both your private guide and trip leader, Brooks will not only be a font of “bush” knowledge, but also a gracious host accommodating your interests and preferences.
- Stay 3 nights each at Botswana’s Okavango Delta and Linyanti Reserve to properly absorb the stellar game viewing and natural beauty. Leave wanting for nothing while at two premier camps.
- Spend two nights at Victoria Falls, taking in the colonial glamour of the Victoria Falls Hotel and the excitement of Victoria Fall’s numerous activities.
- There is space available for a September 4th, 2020 departure. For 2021 and beyond, please request departure date availability; maximum people per group is 6.
About Brooks Kamanakao
“I was really born in the bush,” Brooks likes to say. The village he grew up in, Motopi, is located on one of the main channels of the Okavango Delta. He is a member of the Bayei tribe, who are famous for inventing mokoros, dugout canoes designed to navigate the Delta’s numerous shallow channels.
Thus, you could say the African bush is an indelible part of him. Brooks first became a Botswana guide in 2000. He then worked as a resident guide at luxury camps like Kings Pool and Mombo. In 2006, he began guiding outside of Northern Botswana.
Because of his superlative bush knowledge, his diverse interests (including astronomy, birding and the history and culture of Botswana) and his friendly hosting, Brooks has become one of AAC’s most popular and requested private guides.
|01+02||Fly USA – Johannesburg||City Lodge Hotel at OR Tambo Airport|
|03+04||Victoria Falls – Days at Leisure||Victoria Falls Hotel|
|05-07||Okavango Delta – Days of Game Viewing||Chitabe Camp|
|08-10||Linyanti – Days of Game Viewing||DumaTau Camp|
|11+12||Fly Linyanti – USA||–|
2020 – 2021 Pricing & Departures
What AAC Clients Had to Say About their Safaris with Brooks
We had experiences I could have never dreamed about. When Brooks is excited and taking photos of wildlife sighting, you know it is special. With him we saw the rare pangolin, wild dogs chasing a young giraffe (the baby did survive), a 6-month baby leopard that brought a baby squirrel it killed up a tree, and on the drive to the airstrip, we saw an elephant “climbing a tree with its front legs to reach higher branches.
Brooks is the greatest! he took us everywhere by vehicle – we were 400 yards from the main lodge so he drove us back and forth for meals and all else. We didn’t even need to ask; he just took it upon himself to help us out. It was fun to watch him figure where the action was. He ate with us so we got to know him quite well. He is simply the best guide – there are none better!BEV BOUNDS
We had a phenomenal time in Africa, and want to thank you so much for setting up such an amazing experience. Brooks was such an accomplished and experienced guide and really took care of us, not just in finding animals but in really understanding our needs and making each day an adventure that took all of our expectations into account. We saw so many animals! Way more than we might have anticipated. Brooks was so intuitive in his ability to track and find them. You couldn’t have selected a more perfect person for our family.LAURIE MORTENSEN
Elena, the trip you planned for us exceeded our expectations. The experiences created memories that our family will have forever. Brooks was the perfect guide for our group. His knowledge of the animals, birds and foliage was incredible. He was fun, energetic and his passion was contagious. We all loved him.
The extra touches that Chitabe and DumaTau provided were such a surprise – lunch and dinner on the pontoon boat, lunch out on the savanna, sundowners, etc. Thank you for providing an extra special surprise for Sally and me – the helicopter ride! We had never been up in a helicopter. The animal viewing was outstanding and looking at the landscape from above was the best.SALLY & JOHN CONWAY